Monday 20 January 2014

The Edits Have Arrived

Hello everyone.

My trusted proof-reader sent me the edits to my novel over the weekend. Lots of red words and comments on the side. The task will be challenging.

Having my manuscript proof-read was crucial. No matter how many times you go through a text, the chances of leaving careless mistakes always remain high. After a while you become oblivious to what you have written and it's necessary to seek outside help. To be frank, some issues my proof-reader highlighted are painfully obvious and quite embarrassing.

In my case, it was the first time I let someone read the full manuscript and sharing work that is so personal isn't an easy thing to do. You have to be open to honest and sometimes harsh judgement. There's no room to hide any more. It took a lot of courage to ask him.

Anyhow, the end result looks great and I'm looking forward to working on the final draft of the manuscript.

No comments:

Post a Comment