Tuesday 4 March 2014

Predicting the Release Date

I received a proof copy of "Out of Bounds" a little more than a week ago. I have to say I was impressed with the speed of delivery and with the end result. Everything looks great.

You can imagine how proud I felt when I tore open the parcel and brandished the book above my head, looked up and shouted in glory. Okay, I wasn't quite so dramatic, but I can say that my heart was pounding. It's quite something to have the fruit of your hard work in your hands. To give you a sense of size, I opted for a 5.06 x 7.81 inches (12.9 x 19.8 centimeters) format and the book is just under 400 pages long. The cover is matte and the inside is immaculate white. Looks good, smells good, feels good... I guess the reading will be good too!

Since then, I have reviewed the book (again) and managed to find several mistakes (mainly typos) and a few small layout errors. This was, I confess, a bit frustrating. Anyhow, all is now corrected and I had my revised manuscript approved by Createspace's monitoring service on Saturday.

So this is it. All I have to do is launch the publication process. Given that book availability can take more than a week and that I have a few days of vacation lined up next week, I plan to click on that button when I get back. That way I hope to witness the listing of my book on Amazon live (or as quickly as possible after the event).

Assuming that all goes as planned, I expect "Out of Bounds" (paperback format) to be available at some point during week 13 (last week of March). I'd love to share a precise publication date, but unfortunately that's the way it is. As soon as the book is available, I'll provide the links to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Createspace.com, etc... on this blog.

On the ebook front, apparently release can be nearly immediate on Smashwords and then it takes several days for the ebook to be listed on Barnes & Noble, Apple iBooks, Kobo, Flipkart, Oyster, Scribd, the Diesel eBook Store, Baker & Taylor's, Blio, Axis360, etc. I will try to make the ebook release occur very shortly after the paperback release. Possibly last week of March, if not early-April.

Take care and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment